BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, February 07, 2009

Success!

Don't you just love it when you have a good day and get everything done that you need to get done?

This morning when my alarm went off for work at 6:45 I just couldn't drag myself out of bed for another day of bouncing not one but two babies. So I was very very bad. I called in sick :-O

I got up, closed my shutters (they make my room pitch black, you can sleep at anytime of the day, they're fab!) and jumped back into bed. But typical, I was awake and had no chance of falling back to sleep. So up I got.

After checking my FB and emails I slowly got ready, was out of the house at 9:15am and on my way to Chanvannes, which is a shopping mall. I needed to get a card to send to someone and Andrea who also had the day off came and met me and we had a very quick coffee and brioche before we headed off in separate directions.

I then headed for IKEA. Man that place is like a time warp. Think I got there at 10:30am and yeah, I didn't rush round but it took me about 3 hours to get everything I needed and get out. Then it took me an hour to drive home because IKEA is in Switzerland and I live in France (hehe), if I took the motorway and went across the big boarder there would be a chance I would be stopped and made to pay duty on my shopping so I decided to take a boarder crossing that is tiny but meant it took longer.

Then before coming home, I needed to go to the supermarket, so I hit up one of the French ones. I ♡ Supermarkets. They also tend to be a time warp lol! So I think it was nearly 3pm before I got close to home but I still needed to go to the post office to post the card I bought this morning (and wrote while having coffee with Andrea), one lady working in the post office and boy was she slow! Card is on its way though, thank goodness!

It would of easily been 4pm when I finally got home, I put a chicken in the oven and started building my new furniture. I'm pretty sure everytime I go to IKEA, I forget that I have to spend hours building the stuff later on, great to shop for the stuff but hate to build it. Finally got it all built, I now have 2 bookshelves, a chest of drawers, a chair and a poof and a shoe rack. Just need a bed (which I will pick up on the 17th) and I will be all moved in. I have now pretty much unpacked, Have a box of Videos and a box of crap that I need to go through tomorrow and bin what isn't needed and I think I will put together the first box to ship back to Oz, figure one box every 8-12 weeks we get all my stuff home, actually surprised at how little I have...

So now I will go to bed in my nice unpacked room, that now feels like home. Busy day tomorrow with a long overdue haircut and a manicure. Yah!

0 comments: