BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Restored!!


I have no idea who reads this.... but I'm going to write this post anyway because I have had a really lovely day and I'm pretty sure my faith in the human race has been restored tonight.

So here are my thoughts....

Over the last couple of years, I have had many, many friends come and go. It's tough in the business of being a Nanny as you tend to hang out with other Nannies and as a very good Nanny friend of mine said to me many years ago, we really are all just friends of convenience... Very very true. I think I wrote a couple of weeks ago about my birthday party that I organised, not one of my "friends" here in Switzerland showed up (thank God for my housemates, they really went to great lengths to make it a good night for me :-) ). There was a small group of friends that had a very very good excuse that day and I didn't expect them to come when I invited them (baby due that day) and another couple that were helping the other couple out, but everyone else either gave me lame excuses, lied to me (FB people!!!) or just didn't give an excuse at all. Now I'm not saying I have been perfect since moving back here in January, I haven't made alot of contact with the people I called friends before I left but, I have been stone cold broke and alot of the time, without transport. Wouldn't of stopped people stopping by for a coffee and a chat though.... I have even had doubts about why I bothered coming back... As my close friends would know, I was on to something really good back in Oz but felt I needed just one last year in Europe before I could properly settle back there. Thank God I don't give up that easy!

This isn't the first time I have come across this, and that is sad... What is it that makes people treat others with such disrespect and be so self-absorbed? I go out of my way for anyone and everyone, I do find it unbelievable how some people treat others.

Anyway, the point I am trying to make, tonight I picked up my good friends Jo's sister and her boyfriend from the airport (Jo is the aforementioned friend whose baby was due, see birth announcement below!) and deliver them to the Fish (a pub) in Nyon where her husband Steve. was "wetting" Baby Ollie's head, and I, of course joined him and a group of people who after only really meeting 5 or 6 times, can now feel like I can call them my friends. My faith has been renewed! These people I do feel I can call my friends, without the inverted commas. Why? Because they genuinely care about one another, show interest in one another and ALL would go out of their way to help one another. The way real friends should.

So I feel Restored. I WILL see this year out. And I am going to have a ton of fun doing it!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Fiona
I read it each day and look for new posts as it keeps me up to date on this or that. I agree with your "summer friends" thoughts and yes it is sad but true that we are all caught up in our own situation. Each day though is your own and smile all day knowing that you are the most important person in many people's life although sometimes we are all busy with what is taking our time.
Take Care and enjoy everything.