BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, May 01, 2009

Amsterdam Day 2

Unbeknowst to us when we booked to come to Amsterdam, today was Queens Day. I'm sure to many a Dutch person it's a big day in the calendar but to usit meant HUGE crowds of people dressed in orange and puddles of either pee or vomit to dodge. It was on a whole a really nice atmosphere :-) It is also a day when anyone and everyone can set up a street stall, there was loads of junk being sold on every which corner but also children selling their old toys or selling drinks etc... Anna and I took a daily long walk around the city, chilled out in a cafe and had a great late lunch in a Thai restaurant. Exhausting day but really nice..

Yesterday after checking into the hostel I headed back to the main area as u had to get a towel and some toiletries, including my Preparation H for my tattoo before the shops shut and I had my appointment for my tattoo.

As for my tattoo, it took nearly 3 hours, hurt like hell but looks amazing and I love it! You can hardly see the moon but now I think about it I do like the fact that it us still there if you look hard... I will upload a photo when I get home on Sunday. It's healing well already and I'm pretty sure I will leave a perfect imprint on my sheets tonight :-)

0 comments: